Tuesday 25 October 2011

Week 3 continued..

As i have been ill, i have found the more rundown i have felt the more i've turned to pastires & bread products. A big no-no & most likely the reason why i have gained weight again. :(
I'll admit i have been aiming to reduce the junky foods but cannot truly see me ditching them entirely as i have found in the past the more i try to cut things out the more likely i am to being binging etc.

I hadn''t actually considered using a spell or similar to help lose weight. That's got me thinking now! :)
I have used some distraction techniques or meditation to try & distract myself from my cravings.
One little visualisation i often find myself doing in the supermarket is when i see a treat which is quite likely highly fattening etc i visualise a heavy brass set of scales onto one side of which i place the naughty treat & on the other an alternative healthy option. I then focus on 'feeling' the healthy option as extremley scrummy while recreating the sensation of something which is too sickly sweet & quite disgusting when i 'see' the junk treat. I have found that doing that when i am trying to choose options for my shopping trolley reduces my junk food buys to maybe 1 in 5.

Its all down to convincing my 'little ego' or unconscious self to see junk food treats and sweets as something which will make me feel ill. It will then begin to crave that which i visualy create & view as really scrummy or enjoyable. ie: fruit, vegetables, and savoury items of healthier options. They do say its all in the mind. Well, i decided if it works for other things, such as my panic disorder & other people's phobias then surely it can help with losing weight. :)

I'd love to know if anyone else does something similar? If so how effective do you find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment