Wednesday 19 October 2011

A belated blog...of an amazing week.

This past week has had so mcuh going on, i've been falling asleep at my desk before i could even begin to type!
As of thursday we are now the proud owners of a gorgeous 7 month old puppy.
Meet Kody.  :)



The added walking has really helped me in my fitness challenge. I have gone from my previous weight of 10st 2lbs to...wait for it...9st 12lbs! Seeing as how much of a rutt i've been for several months now where i couldn't see a visible difference anywhere this has really been an eye opener. Guess exercise is key to where i've been going wrong.

I have also decided to take advantage of my scarily in-depth digital scales. They give you the percentages of your body. ie: fat weight, water weight, muscle mass. they also rather niftily tell me how many calories i should eat to maintain my current weight. I usually just weigh myself but have decided to pre-set myself so everty time i weigh myself it will remember me & bring up the %'s etc.
My current stats are as follows:

fat mass: 19.8
water mass: 56.9
muscle mass: 57.8

and according to scales i should consume 1973 calories to maintain my current weight of 9st12lbs. So intheory if i were to exercise more than that the level of calories suggested can maintain me or else somehow eat less calories than suggested, then i would lsoe weight. right? 
Ok, bit too complicated for me. LOL
I think i will stick to just eating as healthy as i can & keeping my exercise levels as good as this past week. That seems to be doing the trick. Though i will continue to research other ideas also.
             
I must admit i have done no yoga since monday, the dog has long since worn me out. LOL
In a good way though. I'm also going to bed before midnight (shocked i definitely am) & i am now getting up before midday & getting into some form of routine. I ate salmon for my tea tonight, with mashed potato (mashed with reduced fat creme freche instead of butter). It gave it a creamier texture also & sliced leeks which were thrown into already boiling water for a couple of minutes. Just enough to soften them but keeping their flavour & nutrients without over boiling. Tasted phenomenal.

I've been drinking more herbal tea & water to vary it up a bit but i am definitely drinking more. I can't say i've been overly successful in cutting out snacks etc though i am eating mostly healthier snacks while keeping some sugary items. Cutting them out all together just makes me think about them more. Less temptation seems to inspire more temptation if that makes sense. 

Another good thing to come of this past week is i've seemed so busy i haven't had time to get distracted by food so i guess that's also a plus. No time for emotional eating habits. hehehehehe
I put together a simple meal last week with plain rice & small bacon pieces with plenty of vegetables in a tomato & herb sauce put together by myself. I must admit it tasted so much better than the jars you can get, though i have found some at my local supermarket which after reading the ingredients list fare much better in the healthy stakes than previous ones i have used. Im actively making the time to check ingredients listed etc as well as price now & must declare my shopping seems to be cheaper as i spend the time looking around instead of grabbing what im used to.

I haven't taken a photo all week so will have to crack on & pull the old camera or phone camera out & start snapping again. Life is so much lovelier to explain or remember with visual accompanient. :P

Oh, and as promised some photos from my visit to Ironbridge last week.





No comments:

Post a Comment