Sunday 5 February 2012

This week has been quite interesting if a little lacklustre. I've done some things but feel like as though the cold has seeped through my bones & left me huddled on the floor. :P

Wednesday, i attended the Wellington Pagan moot. Only 3 of us in attendance but we still managed to have quite an array of discussion. Mostly non-pagan related but still enjoyable none the less.

Yesterday afternoon, just as the snow decided to begin its downward fall, i met my friend Bram at the local Odeon to watch Chronicle
I wasn't expecting much out of it to be fair, but thoroughly enjoyed it.
Its about 3 friends, or rather 2 friends & one's introverted cousin. They discover something which upon finding it, causes them to gain the powers of telekinesis which they then nurture and practice until they grow insanely strong. I won't ruin the movie's outcomes etc, but i will say it is well worth a viewing. 
I felt that the film coming from the camera view of the portable camera the introverted cousin Andrew carries around with him is pure genius & draws the viewer in far more than if it had been shot from an outsiders persepective. 
It will now be added to my mental list of all-time must-see movies. I can;t wait for it to come out on dvd. :O LOL

As far as my weight issues go, i still haven;t bought new batteries for the scales. Bad girl, bad bad. I'm terrible. I also haven't been eating all that well, but promise myself i will turn over a new leaf this week. Im sure the snow on the ground is going to make walking more of a slog as i walk to work 5 days a week & back 2 evenings. Add onto that walking Kody at least once/twice a day & i think my leg muscles will be burning in this slushy hell. I'd hope it'll freeze but that may be more of an obstacle course than i can handle. :P

I'm lacking certain inspiration so my creative endeavours have ground to a halt for the moment. I'm halfway through a book, though it so far doesn't appear to fit into either of my reading challenges. Damn. Enjoying it loads though. Its a steampunk fiction novel called Phoenix Rising: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurences novel by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris. 
I'd highly recommend it as its engaging & witty with plenty of action to keep me entertained. Not to mention how likeable yet exciting the characters are. Books im sure has some secrets which i can only hope will be unearthed as the book continues, whilst Braun has me giggling rather manically every time she raises an eyebrow or does something truly outrageous which seems for her the norm.




No comments:

Post a Comment